E-mail to Mike Allen
(1) Is anyone who believes that the media was too deferential to the Bush administration in the run-up to the war a "left-wing hater"?
(2) Can you give a few examples of the "left-wing haters" you were referencing? Katie Couric this week said that she agrees with that view. Is she a "left-wing hater"?
(3) Are there "right-wing haters"? If so, any examples you can provide?
(4) Have you ever read any of the numerous books and articles written in all sorts of mainstream venues documenting the case that the media failed in its duties in the run-up to the war to critically examine pro-war claims from the Bush administration?
(5) Have you read the mea culpas from the NYT 's Editors and The Washington Post 's Howard Kurtz making the case that their papers suppressed anti-war views and/or uncritically promoted pro-war views from the Bush administration?